League of Legends – Champion: MaokaiUpdated: 22.01.2021 00:01, Patch 11.1.1
All skins from Maokai
Spells by Maokai
Tips when you play against Maokai:
- Saplings will chase the first enemy that gets too close, but detonate after a few seconds or if they collide with other enemies. Be especially careful around brush sapling, as they are much more dangerous.
- The cooldown on Maokai’s self healing is heavily gated on how many time you hit him with spells. Careful about wasting abilities on him.
- Maokai will avoid taking damage while he’s using Twisted Advance, so don’t waste your spells.
Tips when playing Maokai:
- Saplings can be tossed into brush for empowered effect – but don’t stack well.
- Try looking for flanks or other situations where Nature’s Grasp is unavoidable or takes enemies by surprise.
- Maokai’s passive makes him extremely durable against focus fire from spells – so long as he can still basic attack something.
The story of Maokai:
Maokai is a rageful, towering treant who fights the unnatural horrors of the Shadow Isles. He was twisted into a force of vengeance after a magical cataclysm destroyed his home, surviving undeath only through the Waters of Life infused within his heartwood. Once a peaceful nature spirit, Maokai now furiously battles to banish the scourge of unlife from the Shadow Isles and restore his home to its former beauty.